Mills as educator
What was exemplary in Mills's life?
- What can a reader learn from and through the life experience Mills had?
- What effects for good and ill may his life and work have on someone who takes him as an exemplary figure?
- What were the limiting factors constraining him?
Mills's ideas and their formative power
- What are the key concepts, the ideas that Mills developed in his work?
- What was the formative power these concepts offered Mills's contemporaries? Why did they have meaning, or fail to have meaning, to others in the historical context of his time?
- What formative power do his ideas have in the historical context of our time? Of any time?
- What disabilities might his ideas impart?